OSARCC is recruiting 3 new Trustees
Voluntary role (with expenses)
Do you believe in a world free from sexual violence? Are you interested in women's issues? If so then you could be the Trustee we're looking for. Oxfordshire Sexual Abuse and Rape Crisis Centre (OSARCC) supports women and girls who have experienced or are experiencing sexual abuse. We provide a number of different services including a telephone/email listening service, support groups, 1:1 counselling and ISVA support.
We are looking for three new Trustees to help provide the Governance needed to deliver our next 3 year strategy. The charity is in a strong financial position, with robust policies and procedures in place.
All Trustees should have knowledge of the voluntary sector, an interest in issues around violence against women and girls, and skills they feel appropriate to bring to the board of a small local charity.
We expect trustees to:
· Attend regular trustee meetings every one to two months on an evening or weekend in a central Oxford location
· Be actively involved in between trustee meetings by reading and replying to emails
· Support OSARCC events and activities
· Commit to at least one year of service
In return we can offer you:
· The chance to put something into Oxfordshire’s community and have an indirect impact on women’s lives at a time when they need support
· The opportunity to contribute to the development of an organisation at an exciting point in our history
· The ability to contribute to the Rape Crisis and broader women’s movement
· The opportunity to develop skills and experience in a range of areas including governance, employment, equal opportunities, fundraising, publicity, finance... the list goes on!
· Training in relevant areas
· To be reimbursed for out-of-pocket approved expenses
We are looking in particular for women with experience in:
· Campaigning and communication
· People Management
We are keen to hear from women from BAMER backgrounds, and those with experience of using services.
One of our previous trustees had this to say about being a trustee for OSARCC:
"My involvement with OSARCC was literally life changing. I started out as an HR Manager looking to give something back to the community by volunteering. I ended up changing careers and working on Safeguarding as my day job. It's such a wonderfully empowering organisation to be a Trustee for. I couldn't recommend it more highly!"
If you are interested in applying or finding out more please email email@example.com or phone 01865 725311 for an application pack or to arrange a call back from the Chair of our Board. The deadline for applications is Monday 23rd October at 5pm.
Please note the post is open to women only (exempt under Schedule 9, Part 1 of the Equality Act 2010).