OSARCC provides the only specialist services in Oxfordshire for women and girls who have experienced any form of sexual violence. We also offer training to professionals who may work with survivors of any gender, in order to share our expertise and ensure that survivors are met with the best response possible by as many agencies as possible.
We regularly host multi-agency training courses around Oxfordshire (see below), but are also able to offer bespoke in-house sessions tailored to your particular organisation and workplace (depending on the number of delegates attending).
For a no-commitment conversation about your training needs, please contact our Training Coordinator, Lucy, either by emailing email@example.com or by phoning 01865 725 311.
Sexual Violence Awareness Training (Multi-agency)
This two-day course aims to progressively build your knowledge, skills and confidence relating to sexual violence and the support needs of survivors.
Who can attend
This course is suitable for any professional who works with or may come across survivors of sexual violence of any gender, in any context:
- Charity and voluntary work
- Health and social care
- Housing and accommodation
- Legal and law enforcement
- Recruitment and HR
Module I: Introduction to Sexual Violence
- The nature and prevalence of sexual violence
- Common perpetrator tactics
- Myths surrounding sexual violence
- The impacts of sexual violence
- Reporting and the legal process
- Key referral pathways
(We are able to offer a limited number of places to professionals only wishing to complete Module I.)
Module II: Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Violence
- Barriers to disclosure and overcoming them
- Creating a safe environment for disclosures
- Responding appropriately and managing trauma responses
- Options following disclosure, including for recent incidents
- Working within an empowerment model
- Individual and organisational responsibilities
(If you have already attended our 'Introduction to Sexual Violence' course and would now like to complete just Module II, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org)
£140 full price // £120 charity rate // £100 South Oxon rate*
*Thanks to funding from South Oxfordshire District Council (SODC), we are able to offer this discounted rate to professionals who are working with clients living within the SODC boundaries. Please see this map to check if this applies to you: http://www.southoxon.gov.uk/services-and-advice/my-area/maps/district-boundary-map
Dates & locations - Click on your preferred date in order to book your place